Sunday, July 4, 2010

My First Before and After

OK..so here is my first before and after!  It took me long enough..but I think i finally got it to my liking! 

I found this old table at my Favorite Antique store for 5 bucks!  It was COVERED in chippy black paint and after HOURS of trying to peel it all off..I gave up!  It stayed in our room until a couple days ago and I decided I would try to salvage it! 

Before:



The After:


Not to bad!  I still need to put a glaze over it. I like it in the Kitchen, of course this is the ONLY spot I can put it..over the vent..so we will see how that goes!  I also got everything on the table from thrift stores!  The little bird candle holder was 50 cents, the glass jar was 1.00, the silver bowl was 1.00 and has a matching ppiece to it without a pedestal. And the picture was 2.00 and I LOVE IT..its all cross stitch and the colors are perfect for what I want to use in my kitchen!

BTW..Over look the dirty looking floor...its my kitchen floor and still needs sanding..that's not dirt, but old stain/paint from years ago that even a drum sander had problems getting up!  Happy 4th to everyone, have a fun and safe day!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you back! Thanks for visiting and following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There actually needs to be a correction. The lemons and limes are from Wal-Mart and the change in the bowl is the money we are saving by going to thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete