Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy Bee

I have been a busy little bee the last couple of days!  I cant wait to show you what I have been up to and of course more pictures of the kitchen!  But for now..I will leave you with a yummy recipe. This is a really good recipe for get togethers!  I always make this when I have a big crowd..and theres NEVER any left overs!!

Fancy Green Beans


2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce


1 tablespoon honey


1 tablespoon butter


1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice


1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans


2 slices bacon


1/2 cup red bell pepper strips


1/2 cup thin onion wedges


1/2 cup whole cashews



In a small bowl, stir together the teriyaki sauce, honey, and butter.


Fill a bowl with cold water and ice cubes.


Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the lemon juice. Drop in the beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are bright green. Drain the beans in a colander and then plunge them into the iced water. Drain again and set aside.


In a skillet, cook the bacon until very crispy, crumble and set aside. Saute the bell pepper and onion in the hot bacon fat for 2 minutes. Add the beans, cashews, and bacon to the skillet. Add the teriyaki-honey sauce and toss gently.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Seems like there are a lot of crummy contractors out there!

    Congrats on starting your blog! I just started mine a couple months ago, and am still learning the ropes. I'm so excited to be your first follower!!

    Found you through NFF...

    CM

    ReplyDelete